Sunday, February 18, 2024

I am grateful for the Ancestors that Immigrated to America

This week's prompt for the weekly themes to write up something about was Immigration. This is my post about Immigration and my ancestors.

This is a Scrapbooking page I made for my Ancestors book. It lists the years they arrived here in America. I made this about 10 years ago. Now when I looked at it I think I should add the countries 
they came from. So let me list that now. 

Joseph Hartmann is from Germany, 1868.
Susanne Naef is from Germany, unknown.

Joseph Jirak is from Bohemia before 1884.
Katerina Holounova is from Chrtníč, 3 Havlička Brod, Vzsočna Kraj, Czechia. I just found her hometown 
last summer in July of 2023.

Fredrick and Anna Spahn  came as a couple with several children from Germany, before 1885. 
My grandmother was the only child born in America.

William Chaplin came from England and is the only Ancestor that came in through Ellis Island. 

Below their names are the many question I would like to ask them about their experience of coming to America.



No comments:

Post a Comment