Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Steinway Avenue


I have spent the morning checking out websites about Long Island City, Astoria, Queens, New York and looking up Steinway Pianos. I found this cool picture and I wonder is this the part of Steinway Avenue that had Great Grandpa's Saloon was on? Who knows? I don't know and I'm sure about that. I'm going to have to spend some more time at this web site the Greater Astoria Historical Society and see if I can learn some more history about the area. Lots of smoke stacks in a lot of the pictures I saw of the area back at the turn of century, the 20th that is. The air couldn't have been clean.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, cool picture of Steinway Street. I run the local website whyleaveastoria.com -- it's a blog and forum that may help you find out more information about Old Astoria. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoying your genealogy adventures, especially since my ancestors came through Ellis Island and settled in Queens (Astoria) and the Bronx.

    ReplyDelete