Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Success


Click to enlarge.
Tonight I went to the Family History to view the film that had come in from Salt Lake City. The film had Joseph Hartmann's Death Certificate on it. I now have his parent's name, well I cannot read his mother's maiden name. His Dad was Fritz the mother is Anna. Joseph is buried in Lutheran Cemetery.
So far I cannot find his grave or an obit, but maybe on another day.
Check out how they spelled his occupation. I took a picture of the certificate while it was in the viewer as well as a digital imagine. I'm glad I took the picture, it is almost easier to read. One of the most important parts and the writing is faint and has fancy letters.


Click to enlarge.
This is the picture with my camera where his parents names are.

1 comment:

  1. Taking the photo was a very good idea! That image is clearer. The first letter of her last name I believe is H - compare it to the H in Hartmann. I think it is Heiss. Interesting too is that he had been in the US a lot longer than he had been in NYC.

    ReplyDelete