Saturday, September 4, 2010

My First Obits

Every new Genealogist has a list of time discoveries and on a Wednesday evening in August, I found my first obituaries on my great uncle Herbert.  This is the first one I found in the New York Times.  I noticed the cemetery name and it sounded familiar.  I checked out my grandparents, my grandfather William Chaplin is a brother to Herbert and Bertram.  Both my grandparents are buried in the same cemetery, William and his wife Minnie Elizabeth.   

New York Times 27 Apr 1955




New York Times 28 Apr 1955

Now to find Bertram's Obit or something and to do a cemetery search.  When I shared this with my cousins in England one of them wrote back I'll never think of Canada Dry in the same way. 

Neither will I, maybe I should have one in remembrance of
Great Uncle Herbert.

One small step for me and my ancestors




No comments:

Post a Comment