Thursday, January 12, 2023

Favorite Photo

This week's prompt for 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks, 
is a favorite photo. Of course, there are many and I probably have one for each ancestor. But when I read the prompt this is the photo that comes to mind.
These are my maternal grandparents, William Thomas Chaplin and Minnie Elizabeth Spahn. It was taken on the roof of the apartment building they lived in, Brooklyn, Kings, New York.  


It is a very relaxed and intimate pose. The fingers intertwined. His hand was on her waist. The leaning. 

The dark mark by his mouth is from a pen. 


I asked my Aunt Bea, my mother's sister about this picture, and below is the information she shared with me. 


Click on the image to enlarge

Here is the same picture colorized by My Heritage. 




No comments:

Post a Comment