Thursday, March 1, 2012

Who am I Looking for on the 1940 Census

I had seen a really well written post by someone, I am sorry I don't remember who but she listed the people she was looking for on the 1940 Census.  I was impressed with the idea.  So here is my version. 

Relationship
Name
Status
Where
My Dad
George J Hartmann 
Single
College Point or Whitestone, Queens, NY
My Mother
Edith I Chaplin
Single
Brooklyn, Kings, NY
My Mom
Annette C Corkish
Single
Boston or Nantucket, Mass
My Grandparents
George & Mary Hartmann
Married
College Point or Whitestone, Queens NY
My Step Grandparents
Alfred & Mildred Corkish
Married
Nantucket, Mass
My Grandmother
Minnie E. Chaplin
Widowed
Brooklyn, Kings, NY
Great Uncles
Bertram, Herbert, Walter V Chaplins, William, Fredrich, Peter Hartmann, Joseph Jirak


Aunts & Uncles
Bea, Bill, Em, Richard



I don't have a large family but these are the priniclpe people I will be looking for.  The folks with the living localtions are the people I want to find first.  I will have to look at Enumeration District Maps as my next project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment