Sunday, March 11, 2012

Be Involved

In your local Genealogy Society!

I have been a member of Family History Society of Arizona for about 2.5 years.  I go to the monthly meetings and to the annual meeting.  Yesterday was the annual meeting for 2012 and the guest speaker was Lisa Louise Cooke of Genealogy Gems

It was a wonderful day! 

I learned lots!  I did some networking, answered questions for someone just starting a blog and all in all had a good time.  More important than having a good time and learning is the motivation and inspiration you recieve to keep working on your family history.
That is a wonderful benefit of your local society.  There are more, so check it out!

I might not make it to the 1500s on my ancestors but I can make sure what I have is good and accurate information and pass it on to my decendents in an interesting manner to keep or get them interested in their own family history. 

Lisa Louise Cooke & myself 3.10.2012

Thanks to FHSA for doing such a great job organizing the Spring Meeting and if you ever have the chance to see Lisa go for it!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to attend! I had another important family event this weekend and had to miss. Boo hoo! Lisa is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete