Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy Belated Birthday #3

Emma Marie Hartmann Ronca
18 Jan 1919 to 15 Jan 2004


This is my Aunt Em she was my favorite Aunt.  
When I was younger she took me to the Bronx Zoo and to Radio City Music Hall and we did all kinds of fun things.  I can remember waiting for her as she walled from the bus stop to our home in Whitestone, Queens, New York.  


She was single for a while and married when she was 36, so I lucked out on having some of her attention.  I didn't go to her wedding my parents thought I was too young, and I had to stay at a neighbors home, well I was only 7.  I wish she was still around to tell me more of the family stories my Dad would never tell me.  She always told me she loved both of my mothers without hesitation, she thought they were both wonderful women.  
So was my aunt, she was spunky, independent, kind and honest.  
When I was complaining to her about some of the sass and issues I was having with the big kids, she told me I was a sassy lass myself.  Which is true, but I sometimes forget that. 


Here is Aunt Em at her 80th birthday with 2 of her three sons. 
Happy Birthday Aunt Em, miss ya.
This is the birthday I really wanted to remember but forgot to add her to my to do list before her birthday, than I was too busy to write until now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment