Monday, March 9, 2015

Last of the February Birthdays

The last two are Uncles. 
Uncle Richie is my Dad's brother and I am sad to say the last time I saw him was when I was eleven before I moved to Florida. He was a lot taller than my Dad and seventeen years younger.  He was a police man for the NYC police department.  
Born Feb 20, 1929 in College Point, Queens, New York died in 2009 in Hollywood, Broward, Florida.
When he retired he did move to Florida but I don't think my Dad ever saw him once he moved to Florida.  I remember my Dad was upset with him because he had divorced his first wife Eleanor Vent. Sadly I never reconnected with him once I was an adult.  I have no real reason, I just didn't.  I am truly sorry I didn't make the effort. 
I do have a picture of Uncle Richie some place but I am not going down that rabbit hole to look for it right now.  


Uncle Bill with my Grandmother Minnie Elizabeth Chaplin 

Now Uncle Bill I knew him better and was in contact with him by letters until he died.  We didn't have a close relationship but we were in contact and he was supportive of me. 
Born William Charles Chaplin on Feb 22, 1911, Brooklyn, King, New York and died March 21, 1992 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. 
When I graduated from Community College with my ASN and passed my State Board as an RN, he sent me a medical caduceus under a nursing cap.  I still wear it on a chain around my neck. 
He sent me a beautiful portrait of my mother on her wedding day when I purchased my first home.  Uncle Bill was my mother's brother.  When I saw this picture of my mother I realized just how much I looked like her.  I have the same shape eyes.  
I have a few good memories of this good man.  
I wish I had know him better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment