Saturday, April 16, 2016

DNA Test Results

When Ancestry had a sale on their DNA kits I took advantage of the sale and ordered a kit.  Last week my results came in.  Here is my Ethnicity estimate.  Great Britain 39%, Western European 39%, Eastern European 17% and 5% Trace.  No surprise since my ancestors came from England, Germany and Bohemia.  


The 5% Trace is interesting also. 

I once asked my Dad if there was any Jewish blood in us and he made up some crazy story about his grandfather bringing back a baby from Germany who had a Jewish relative.  I can't even remember what he said but I could tell it was made up. I was young then and I just felt I had Jewish blood in me.  I guess it was because I worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center on Miami Beach and all my little Jewish patients would ask me what is a nice Jewish girl like you doing here.  With a nose like that and a name like Hartmann you have to be Jewish plus I had a pretty strong New York accent at that time. 
Well I guess that < 1% Jewish blood came out in my nose. 
There is a couple of matches that are good, one is to my second cousin on the Bohemian side.  We know each other and meet on Ancestry.  I found another match with a Hartmann and their ancestor came from the same small town my great grandfather came from, but their parent names don't match but they might be cousins and not siblings.  I message that tree owner.  Here is hoping. This is one of my sides I would like to know more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment