Sunday, January 7, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Start

Sounds a bit ambitious if you ask me. I have tried other challenges 52 Stories and Birthday remembrances and I failed at them all. Well maybe fail is a bit harsh, because something started and written is better than nothing started and nothing written. And the glory of a new day and a new year is the chance to try again.
So I am trying again. 

This challenge is hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. She provided the weekly challenge topic and I have the opportunity to write about the topic. How ever my little heart desires.

This week topic is start. Here are some of her suggestions from her email: Some ideas include starting with yourself or whoever the "home person" is on one of your family trees. Maybe you focus on the person who got you started in genealogy or the ancestor you wanted to find first. You could talk about a relative who started a business. 

Of course I can go anyway I want. Yesterday when I was thinking about this it almost became a non-start. I was thinking of all the thinks I don't know about writing up stories on my ancestors or how to come to a conclusion on my research. I became overwhelmed and was ready to give up before I even started. 

This morning I decided to look around other blogs that have participated in previous challenges. I was able to gleam some ideas and even a layout of information I liked. Armed with ideas I decided I can start. Keeping it going might be a bit of a challenge, since I have those two lovely, active, adopted daughters that keep me busy and need a lot of attention. And I am not as young as I once was. I will be 70 next month. I promise to do my best to keep up. And that is all anyone can do. 

So for my start I am going to introduce you to my ancestors who started the Hartmann (paternal) line and the Chaplin (maternal) line here in the United States.

Joseph Hartmann born in Germany and immigrated to New York City in 1868. He is my Great Grandfather.


Relationship Chart


William Thomas Chaplin born in England and immigrated to New York City in 1907. He is my Grandfather.


Relationship Chart

There you have an introduction. Well, you didn't expect me to spill their whole story in my first post now? Did you?
I have to save more details on them as it is time to write up their stories. Something to look forward to. 

Good Luck to all you participate in this challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment