Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Pop

April 11, 1969 this article was in the Sun Sentinel News paper in Fort Lauderdale Florida. It was the front page of the Life section, if I remeber right. A reporter my Dad had know as a member of Parents Without Partners wrote this article. I did not post each section of the article that I have scanned because it would just be too much.

I thought I had an uncut copy of the article and I could have sworn I saw it in the last month or two but I can't find it now. I hate it when I do things like that. Now where did I oput it for safe keeping?



My Dad worked hard and really was overwhelmed with the lost of his two wives, my two mothers. He did the best he could and shared many important life lessons with us. He was both mother and father to the boys. I was 21 by this time and had been gone from the house but was temporally back home at this time. It shortly after this that I moved out permanently. In the article it mentions that George my brother was dating the girl across the street a year or so later he and Joyce did marry.


I missed the interview because I was working. I was interviewed by phone and was miss quoted.


In case you are wondering I wasn't in the picture because I was working the day it was taken and also I didn't play golf with the boys. I tired it once but didn't like it. It is a nice article and a nice tribute to my Dad. Who did a good job under very difficult circumstance. The organization of Parents Without Partners was a big help to my Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Thats cool! Im sure you helped "Mother" those boys- for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary,
    What a sweet tribute to your dad. How hard it must have been on him to lose two wives. He must have been a very special person.

    ReplyDelete