Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sorting Again: Old Photos

Back in December I started making a scrapbook of my mother's life.  Called Edith's Life Story here is the link to the first pages I made.  Yesterday I was able to spend some time with my friends and I made five more pages.  Today I spent time adding the finishing touches and the journaling. I also Googled the addresses from her Birth Certificate, 1920, 1930 Census, her marriage certificate and her Death Certificate. 




I added some transciption of a note I wrote to my Aunt Bea, Edith's sister and her reply.  While reading and typing the note I decided to look up the name of the park they were in.  It was Shore Road Park in Brooklyn New York.  So of course I Googled the park and have the links for the park.  I will be adding the park information to her life story also.



Someday I will make a Google Earth trip video of all the address I have on my mother.  Some of the buildings are looking very run down, but considering she was born in 1916, I guess they won't look brand new.

I did copy and reprint some of the pictures because they are deteriorating.  So you are not really seeing double.

I still have some journaling to finish.  I want to write about what I know about her fight with breast cancer.
It has been a fun project.  My next one will be about my Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment