Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sorting Saturday: Old Pictures


Edith's Story page 1

Many years ago I took the pictures I had of my Mother & Dad out of the magnetic photo album I had them in and put them in a shoe box.  Of course no one looks at them stored in a box.

If you click on the picture you can see the pages in the full size.







Edith's Story page 2


At the Arizona Family History Association fall meeting one of the vendors a professional Genealogist had scrap booking pages mixed in between her pedigree charts and family group sheets.  I liked the idea and decided to do the same.

Some of the old pictures I scanned and reprinted since they are so faded.  I am writing what little stories I know about her on each page.  I have also scanned the pack of the pictures and added that picture of the writing to the page.


Edith's Story page 3
 It is a big project but I am just doing a little here and there.  Here are three of the pages I did since last Saturday.  I have done a total of five pages this week. 

I started with the early years and I am moving to her adult years. 

Here the story is all on white paper but it was too stark for me and I reprinted it all on cream paper and swapped the paper out.  OK, I know I am a little compulsive when it comes to things looking good together.


2 comments:

  1. Mary, These pages are fabulous. I know they take a lot of time to put together. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, This is a wonderful idea. I'm starting by scanning each photo and inserting it into a MSWord document in which I type as much info as I can possibly remember about the person, the place, the time, etc. Someday I might get caught up enough to create beautiful pages like yours! Right now I just want to get the photos scanned and info down on paper. Thanks for the inspiration for the future!

    ReplyDelete