Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Calendar: Holiday Parties


Hartmann's 1942 or 1943
Did your family throw a holiday party each year? Do you remember attending any holiday parties?

These are the kinds of Holiday gatherings my family had for Christmas.  Family gatherings.

At the head of the table my grandparents Hartmann, my Dad leaning over, my uncle Richie on the right of Grandpa, and my Aunt Em is the second young lady in front of my Dad.  Isn't my Aunt Em sporting a fancy hair do? 

We had the same tradition until we moved to Fort Lauderdale Florida then it was just the six of us.   There were no families to come visit. 

After I left home and was a working person there were the famous work parties.  I like the one were it was just a pot luck at work or an informal get together at some one's home.  Than the Holiday dinners with dancing started.  Of course there was more pressure to have something nice to wear.  The other problem was I was single until I was 44 years old and believe me I didn't want to go alone to all those fancy dinner and dancing party.  So that meant asking one of the many single men I knew to go with me.  Usually these were OK dates. 

My husband & I now go to work parties together and since we both work, that is two parties, plus a church party and of course the family gatherings.  And let me tell you he is a very fun date!

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment