Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Advent Calendar: Holiday Happenings

December 15 – The Holiday Happenings!



Often times December to mid-January birthdays and anniversaries get over shadowed by the Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year holidays. So we’re going to shine a spotlight on those family members and ancestors this time around. Select one or more December to mid-January birthdays and/or anniversaries on your family tree. Write a short tribute to or memory of those birthday guys and gals and write a toast to the anniversary couples.

My mother Edith's birthday was December 26th but I don't know any of the stories about how she celebrated her birthday.  To me it would be a real drag.  She died before my 1st Birthday, that is why I don't know.

My husband's birthday is in mid December and he never had a birthday gift wrapped in Birthday paper until I was dating him.  Or so he told me.  All his gifts were always wrapped in Christmas paper.  That made me feel sad, knowing my husband, he just let it roll off his back.  Matter of fact I just asked him about any special events for his birthday or about the gift wrap and doesn't remember.  That would be my honey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment