Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Advent Calendar: Christmas Cookies

Did your family or ancestors make Christmas Cookies? How did you help? Did you have a favorite cookie?


Cookie Press and cookies

My Mom made Christmas cookies, the ones I remember are sugar cookies with icing colored green and red or with green, red and white sprinkles on them.   She also used one of those tube thingy with the different shapes and you squeezed the dough out of it.  I guess the correct name is a cookie press.  And look they still make them and some of them are even electric.

I helped by putting the icing on or the sprinkles.  This memory is only from New York and think when we moved to Florida we didn't make them any more.  I never made them after I left home.  My patients gave me so many gifts of cookies, chocolate, fudge and wonderful stuff that I just didn't need any cookies at my house. 

I think one of my favorite cookies is the wedding cookie.  The funny thing is sugar cookies are my least favorite and I don't like icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment