Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Calendar: Santa Claus

Mary 1951
Did you ever send a letter to Santa? Did you ever visit Santa and “make a list?” Do you still believe in Santa Claus?

I have a very vague memory of sending a letter to Santa. I can see myself in my mind reaching up to put the envelop addressed to Santa into the mail box.  It was really high up and I had stretch to reach it.  I can even see me in my winter coat with the matching hat and snow pants.  My Mom was big on snow pants.

When I was 10, our last Christmas in New York I learned who Santa really was, I recognized the hand writing.  Of course I became part of the secret Santa society because I had younger brothers I could not real the identity of the special person. 

Do I still believe in Santa?  Well how do you think all the gift tags in this home are signed by Santa. 

Did I mail letters to Santa with my kids?  If I did it, it was only with the youngest, he was 7 when I married my hubby and his 3 kids.  The other two were 11 & 10.  Some how again the memory is vague. 

My suggestion would be to take a photo of the event so you aren't left with vague memories, and scan a copy of the letter and envelope.   Save the memories!

Have a Merry Christmas Season!


No comments:

Post a Comment