Monday, April 23, 2012

A Treasure from the Cigar Box

This is the first post about the items in my Dad's cigar box , read about the cigar box here.

These documents are my Mom, Annette's Separation Qualification Record.  She was in the Army Nurse Corps towards the end of and after the end of WWII.  She was stationed at the 248th General Hospital at Manila Luzon Philippine Islands.  She entered the service on 29 Mar 1945 and was relieved of active duty on 15 Aug 1947.  Her rank was 1st Lieutenant. 







She earned two medals

Asiatic Pacific Service Medal
WWII Victory Medal Front



WWII Victory Medal Reverse Side
We don't have her medals or any pictures she took while in the service.  She never told me about her experiences.  When I first asked she felt I was too young to know, when I was older she was too sick with Cancer to be asked. Pictures of the medals are from various web sites.

1 comment:

  1. Great find and I'm sure a nice rembrance of your mother and her service to our country.

    Cigar boxes were great places to store special treasures weren't they?

    ReplyDelete