Tuesday, September 10, 2019

31 Days to Better Genealogy Day 3 or a Rabbit Hole

Well Monday, yesterday, September 9th, I was going to work on Day 3 and do that activity.  Which was to look closer at Census reports. But I had done that on 6th for my person of interest, Edith, my mother. So I began thinking that I really am working on this Big Project for a family reunion, so maybe I should start a new Genealogy file and make sure all my sources are correctly entered. I know they aren't correctly entered in my current file. So I started a new file and. I was adding pictures, since that is easy to complete and I couldn't find my mother's pictures. Not on my computer my hard drive or my cloud backup. I have no idea what cyber hole they fell into, but they are in it. Since I don't have that many pictures of Edith, I decided to scan them again, as TIFs which is another thing I had on my to do list. 
Now do all these steps correctly are important to do so others can follow what work you completed and how to find where you left off, but I still kind of feel like I went down a rabbit hole. 

I did think of two facts I can look for, her Christening as an infant and her Baptism as an adult. To marry my Dad she became Catholic. So now I have add those items to my to do list. So it wasn't wasted time, I learned some things, which is always good. I am also not as well organized as I think I am. 


Here is my favorite picture of Edith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment