Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fearless Females: Document with a Narrative

Lisa Alzo is repeating her series for Women's History Month.


March 9 — Take a family document (baptismal certificate, passenger list, naturalization petition, etc.) and write a brief narrative using the information.



This is the marriage certificate of my Maternal Grandmother Minnie Elizabeth to William Thomas Chaplin. I don't know much about her as a person or her married life.  I think the picture below says it all.


Here are my grandparents on a roof in Brooklyn, Kings, New York.  I really like this picture, they look very comfortable together and in love.  She looks more relaxed her than in other pictures.
That is not a pipe in my grandfather's mouth it is a pen mark.


1 comment:

  1. Mary, I enjoy your blog and have chosen you to receive the "One Lovely Blog" award. You can find out more at my blog, The Mashburn Collection.

    http://www.themashburncollection.com/2011/03/i-love-these-things.html#axzz1GXLouMiA

    ReplyDelete