Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fearless Females: Picture of a Female Ancestor

Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did you select this photo?

This photo was sent to me by my second cousin in England, who I meet last May through Ancestry.com.  Below is the body of her email.  She grew up around the same area but never knew that side of the family.  My comments below are in purple.

In the family picture Ida is the lady in the middle sitting on the ground. Walter (Uncle Victor) sitting on the chair on the left. The lady with specs and spotted dress, sitting is our great grandmother Mary Ann Holmes/Chaplin. Ida is Great Uncle Glynne wife.


The lady standing behind her is I think Lilian Rolfe/Ward and her husband is second from the right standing.

I had not yet been told about the Chaplins. I do remember seeing lots of their faces about in Gorleston.



Julian cannot help as he was not yet born. Is a second cousin once removed the first cousin I meet on Ancestry.com.


I did meet Uncle Victor in the Post Office but did not know who he was at the time. I have a picture of him with my mother in New York. He even dated my Aunt Em my Dad's sister but she said he was too old of her.


I met Uncle Glynne one day and was introduced by my father, but I cannot remember what he looked like.


All I know is this was taken in Gorleston, England.
It was one of the first pictures my cousin in England sent me.  We would love to know who everyone is in the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment