Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Shout Out to one of my Followers

On Saturday I was adding photos to my memorials on Find A Grave. When I notice a little flower by my Mom's name.
Flower in the red circle
So I went and checked it out and this is what I found.  
Flower and Note left on my Mom's Memorial


Words can not express the appreciation I felt to see those kind words there.  It touched me very deeply and I was a little surprised by the depth of those feelings.  It made me think of my mother in a different light.  What I remember of my Mom as a nurse was a women who came home tired from work.  Believe me I have had those days myself.  I felt that Mary who left those kind words represented to me all the people who if they could have said those words of thanks to my Mom would have.  I know how that feels to have someone come to you and thank you for the good care you gave to their family member.  I also know how it feels to take care of others and do the best you can for them especially in difficult situations.

Mom died when I was 16 and a Senior in High School so she never saw me become a nurse.  She didn't want me to be a nurse because it is such hard work.  I am glad I didn't listen to her nursing has been a good to me.

I sent Mary an email of appreciation and asked how she came to leave a comment on my Mom's memorial.   She replied she follows my blog on Google Reader and saw my Memorial Day post and I quote, "I liked that she was a nurse during WWII and the sacrifice she endured there and she was prompted to put the flowers on the memorial."

Thanks Mary for following my blog and for the flowers! 



1 comment:

  1. That is truly heartwarming. What a nice surprise for you.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete