Wednesday, June 1, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History Illness & Injury

Illness and Injury. Describe your childhood illnesses or injuries. Who took care of you? Did you recuperate in your own bed, on the couch in front of the television, or somewhere else?

Most of my childhood illness I sent in my bedroom listening to Soap Operas on the radio. I use to enjoy the sound effects, like doors opening and whatever. I don’t think I care much for the stories themselves because I never watched Soap Operas on TV.   Unless I was home sick.


There was one time when I was able to lie on the couch in front of the TV. It was after a car accident and luckily no one was seriously hurt but I had a shoulder injury. It was the one time my Dad let me sit in the front seat of the car and believe me it was the last time until I was a lot older. This was before the age of seat belts. What I remember watching was the coronation of Queen Elizabeth.





I was only 5 but what I remember was her walking down the long aisle of the Abbey and the long train that was carried for her.  It was really fun to watch this You Tube clip of the coronation. 

A strange coincidence, I was home sick from work and watched the wedding of her grandson this year. 
Hosted by Geneabloggers: http://www.geneabloggers.com/
Created by Amy Coffin http://wetree.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment