Monday, May 23, 2011

Notice my New Background

While checking out some of my favorite blogs, I notice a nice background on Yvonne's blog.  I email her and asked how did you do that?  She graciously told me how she added her own picture as a background. 
Last night I had a picture of my grandparents as a background but I couldn't see my grandfather, though my grandmother was stunning.  I tried to make the center where the post are transparent but it was too hard to read the posts. 
UK 1911 Census
This morning I looked through my pictures again and found a copy of the UK 1911 Census with my great grandfather as the head of house.  I thought this might work, I did the computer magic and now it is my background.  I really like how it looks. 

Yvonne also grave me permission to use her cute graphic she make of this quote,
Yvonne's Graphic.
"If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance." -- George Bernard Shaw
It just tickles my funny bone.  Sometimes I think we are afraid of what others will think of our skeletons, but the reality is no one cares about them, they care about us and who we are.  That is what makes family history so interesting to see what we have become in spite of who our ancestors were.

Yvonne thanks for sharing!

Happy Researching and Sharing of the Stories.





2 comments:

  1. Your new background looks great! I especially like the colors you chose for your header and the links. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete