Thursday, May 26, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History: Movies

Movies. Did (or do you still) see many movies? Describe your favorites. Where did you see these films? Is the theater still there, or is there something else in its place?

I can remember seeing only a few movies when I was a kid.  The most remarkable time at the movies was at the Radio City Music Hall.  I have no clue what we saw but I remember seeing the Rockettes on stage and how well they danced in a line and kicked so high.  My Aunt Em took me and we had good seats in the lower section close to the front.  For a girl less then eleven it was amazing. 


One movie I remember was the Bridge Over the River Kwai.  That came out in 1957, so I was nine, why did my parent take me to see a war movie?  I do remember that bridge being blown up and some of the music was catchy. 


The next big movie I remember is Gone With The Wind, it was the first movie I remember seeing in Fort Lauderdale Florida.  It must have been a re-release of the movie because we moved down to Florida in 1959.  Of course that one I have seen several times and I even have it on viedo.  It is a classic.  I have also read the book more than once.


My husband & I still enjoy a good movie and I enjoy renting them with Netflixs.  No more running to the viedo store to rent them and try to get them back in time.  My husband hates some of the choices I made, I rent a lot of chick flicks because I seldom get to see them in the theather with my hubby.  We tend to see lots of Sci-fi and action movies together. 






Hosted by Geneabloggers: http://www.geneabloggers.com/
Created by Amy Coffin http://wetree.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment