Wednesday, May 25, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History: Pets

Hosted by Geneabloggers: http://www.geneabloggers.com/
Created by Amy Coffin http://wetree.blogspot.com/

Week 17. Pets. Did you have any pets as a child? If so, what types and what were their names. Do you have pets now? Describe them as well.

The first pet I remembered hearing stories about was "Boy".
Mom, Mary & Boy the dog 1949.

The story my Dad told was my parents could leave me out on the front yard and Boy would pull me back into the yard if I wondered to far away.   Knowing my parents they weren't too far away.  I don't remember Boy so he must have died when I was still very young.

The next dog we had was Beaver the Beagle, I was about 10, he slept outside under the back stairs, there was a little shelter for him. I thought it was mean for him to sleep outside but my parents said he couldn't live in the house.  We gave him away when we went to Florida. 

As an adult I had two dogs, both of them a cockapoo type of dog and both a ginger color.  Now I only have cats, they don't bark, don't need to be walked, don't need to be in a kennel or with a friend when you go on trips.  

Rosie sitting on the arm of my black recliner.
My current cat is Rosie.   She is all black except for a few white whiskers.  She is a bit of a scary cat and doesn't like people, just me and Richard.  Sometimes we look for her and can't find her it is because she is on the back of one of our black recliners, she blends right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment