Saturday, January 7, 2012

31 Weeks to a Better Blog - Elevator Pitch

Tonia over at Tonia’s Roots post a series last year of 31 weeks to a Better Genealogy Blog, I wanted to join in last year but work was crazy and time didn’t permit. Things have settled down and so I am giving it a go now. Here is my first week’s entry. This week’s challenge was to write an Elevator Pitch, she explains the purpose of that here.

This is my pitch & tag line. I also added my tag line to my email signature and made a new business card just in time to hand out at the Family History Expo in least then two weeks.

Elevator Pitch:
I am learning about Genealogy and one of the tools I am using is my blog, Me and My Ancestors.  I write about my experiences doing research as well as the family stories I know of my ancestors.  This way the stories are save and the people not forgotten.  Just for giggles I throw in a few of my own life stories.  I originally started my blog so my children would have a place to fine the family stories but it has turned into something bigger.  I have shared things I have learned, made new friends and learned from others.
Tag Line:
It started as a place to share family stories but it has turned into something bigger.

I have been thinking about this all week and couldn't find the right words this morning the words just flowed.  I like it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment