Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Blogiversary to Me

Today my blog is two years old.  I had remembered last week but after being so busy with the Expo over the weekend and trying out some of the new things I learned I almost forgot what today was.  Thanks to Thomas MacEntee's Facebook announcement I had a friendly reminder. That is what happens when you don't check your editorial calendar.

I started after the Family History Expo in January of 2010 after being encouraged by Thomas and Lisa Louise Cooke to start a blog.  I am so glad I lisitened.  It started off very humble but with enthusiasm.  I didn't really think I would have a lot of topics to post about but I decided nothing ventured nothing gained.  First Blog post here.

Because of other blogs and becoming a follower of other blogs I have found topics to use as ways to record my memories and to help me share my family stories.  I have meet other people some near and some far.  I have made friends.  Most importantly I have grown and I have started writing the stories of my life to share with my family.  As my tag line suggests:


It started as a place to share family stories
but it has turned into something bigger.
I haven't found any long lost cousins, Hartmann, Spahn, Jirak, so if you are out there please look for me.  My Chaplin cousins have enjoyed what I have shared and that is fun and I am very glad for that and my relationship with them. 

Thanks to all my followers and all your encouragement! 
You helped me along the way!


8 comments: